Congratulations! You’ve decided to launch an e-commerce store, and you’re probably pretty excited about it. But what’s next? How can you make sure your site is optimized for conversions and sales? After all, there are plenty of other e-commerce stores out there—and your competitors are working hard to win new customers every day. Luckily, there are plenty of strategies that can help you stand out from the crowd (and boost sales). Here are 11 ways we have seen our clients increase their e-commerce conversion and sales without spending lots of money on paid adverts.
Use High-Quality Images and Videos– One of The Top Tips to Increase E-commerce Conversion and Sale
We know you’ve heard this before: images and videos are important for your e-commerce site. But how do you know what type of images and videos are best for your product? And how do you make sure they’re effective?
Here are a few tips for using images and videos to boost e-commerce conversion and sales:
Find The Right Image For Each Product
The first step to creating an effective image is knowing what kind of image will help sell your product. You can’t just slap any old photo or use free stock images on the product page. You need to match the look and feel of your brand, or else customers might think it’s fake or scammy. This means that if you sell jewelry, you have to have pretty pictures of the jewelry. If you sell shoes, then show off those shoes! If your brand has a specific style or tone (like “quirky” or “high-end”), make sure all of your products reflect that style.
Provide Enough Information In Each Image.
When it comes to selling online, there’s nothing worse than not seeing enough detail on an item. You will hardly find buyers willing to buy something without knowing exactly what they’re getting! So, yes, your product images and videos should come with appropriate and catchy descriptions. This simply means you have to know the right tricks to write e-commerce product descriptions that lead to quick conversion.
Also, it is advised that you display product photos from different angles so that the prospective buyer knows exactly how it looks when viewed from the left/right/center. Try to highlight the product features in each image. For instance, if you are selling an espresso machine, you can share 5-6 images, each image explaining a specific feature/utility of the gadget.
This trick should work to boost e-commerce conversion of any product, be it a furniture set or a T-shirt. You can hire a photographer or agency to ensure that the job gets done professionally
Optimize Your Site For Mobile.
It is very important to optimize your site for mobile in today’s online environment. Why? Because Mobile traffic keeps growing every year, and now accounts for over half of all internet traffic! In addition, mobile users are more likely to purchase from sites that are optimized for mobile devices and less likely to buy from sites that have a slower load time or are hard to navigate on their phones. To optimize your website for smartphones, follow these tips:
- Make sure your site loads quickly on mobile devices
- The website design should be such that it’s easy to navigate with one hand
- Avoid pop-ups (you know what we’re talking about)
- Make your buyers feel safe while browsing and checking out.
Give Customers Multiple Payment Options – An Effective Way to Increase E-commerce Conversion and Sales
One of the biggest challenges for e-commerce stores is getting customers to choose them over competitors. Hence it’s very important to avoid making the conversion process difficult for buyers. For instance, if your e-commerce website only accepts credit card payments, it might negatively impact the conversion rate.
Giving customers multiple payment options will increase e-commerce conversion rates and sales. This is because online buyers have different needs and preferences. Some prefer PayPal, while others may want to pay with their debit card or gift card. When you give shoppers several ways to pay with one site, they’re more likely to make purchases. Because they feel like they have options that fit their particular situation on any given day.
Consider How You Can Make The Checkout Process Faster
You’ve got a great product, but what about the checkout process? You should consider how you can make the checkout process faster. Here are some tips:
- Use a single-page checkout. This is where customers fill in their details once, then click “pay now” and complete their order. Make sure your checkout page is easy for customers to understand. There are adequate instructions to help them move through the checkout faster.
- Another idea to help speed up e-commerce conversions is using a checkout that allows customers to add items while browsing. This means they don’t have to go back and forth between different pages in order to complete the transaction. You can draw inspiration from top e-commerce marketplaces like Amazon to know how it is to be done.
- Finally, consider using a checkout that allows customers to view their cart while they are browsing. This makes it easy for them to see how much they’ve spent and what items they have in their basket.
Test, Test, and Test Again
If you want to increase your conversion rate, you need to test. But not just any testing—you need to test every single aspect of your store from the customer journey all the way down to the ad copy.
It’s time for an extreme makeover! Here are some ideas for what parts of your site you should be testing:
- Landing pages
- Checkout process (cart and payment page)
- Product pages (the images, descriptions, reviews, etc.)
- Email marketing campaigns
How To Use A/B To Increase E-commerce Conversion and Sales?
- Text – You can change the text on your landing pages to see how it impacts conversion rates. For example, many e-commerce website owners have reported improving their results by changing the copy of their “Buy Now” buttons from “Buy Now” to “Buy.” The latter increases conversions by over 50%!
- Images – You can use different images on your page and see if it leads to an increase in e-commerce conversion and sales rates. Try testing different images with similar-looking products so customers don’t get confused about what they’re looking at. And then make sure you’re actually showing them more than one item! You may be surprised by how much more attractive some images can be! This difference is likely due to differences in color schemes and composition between two similar photos. Make sure that not only your product looks good but the background looks perfect as well.
- CTAs (call-to-actions) – Change where your call-to-action appears on the page, the size, and the text. You can test two versions that are similar but just different enough from each other. Based on the user response, you can select the CTA that converts best.
- Landing page design – By improving your landing page design, you can increase conversions too. Try using different fonts, adding some white space between sections, or reorganizing content blocks, and then test what difference these changes make.
And finally, remember that e-commerce A/B testing is not a simple process that shows results in a day. So, if you are implementing this step, be sure of what you are doing!
Use Live Chat For Real-Time Customer Service.
Do you know one of the best ways to improve customer satisfaction is by listening to your customers and addressing their issues immediately? This is why live chat has become so popular among e-commerce merchants. Because it allows you to provide high-quality customer service without the need for a phone call or email.
A live conversation allows customers to ask questions that they may not feel comfortable sharing via email or over the phone. Let’s say someone has a medical condition that makes them sensitive to certain fragrances. The person may feel more comfortable asking about it in person rather than through an impersonal medium like a text message.
The live chat option also gives you an opportunity to build rapport with new customers and rekindle relationships with existing ones. You can engage in conversations where you can immediately address concerns or issues that might arise during their shopping experience (e.g., “I’m having trouble finding shoes in my size”).
Offer Free Shipping To Increase E-commerce Conversion and Sales
If you’re going to offer free shipping, make sure your e-commerce platform has the infrastructure to support it. When shipping costs are free, customers tend to believe they’re getting good value from the purchase. However, if your website is slow and disorganized and returns take forever, then those same customers will probably leave disappointed!
You should know how much work or changes are involved before deciding whether or not free shipping is something worth doing for your business. You’ll need a strong customer service team who can answer questions about returns and exchanges quickly and efficiently. Otherwise, customers may end up spending more time trying to figure out how the system works than actually finding what they need from your site in the first place!
Create A Rewards Program To Increase Repeat Purchases
You can increase sales by creating a rewards program that rewards your customers for purchases, referrals, content sharing, and all the other things that they do. The more ways you incentivize your customers to share information about your brand, the better.
There are so many different ways that you can reward customers for their participation! For example:
- Create a rewards system where people get points for each purchase made in-store or online. The program lets them use those points for future purchases or cash back on their next order.
- Offer an exclusive discount code every month as part of a loyalty program (if you don’t already have one).
- Give away free shipping if someone buys X amount of items from your store within one week/month etc…
Creating a rewards program is one way to encourage customer loyalty. It’s also proven that loyalty programs help with customer retention rates. This type of incentive helps foster relationships between brands, customers, and the community at large.
Create A Sense Of Urgency To Increase E-commerce Conversion and Sales
Take advantage of the human desire for instant gratification by creating a sense of urgency. This can be done in a number of ways, including:
- Offer a limited-time discount. When people know that something is offered for a short period of time, they’re more likely to act quickly. Let’s say you’re offering a 10% discount on your product which is available until tomorrow afternoon or till the stock lasts. Your audience will be more likely to buy today rather than wait until tomorrow when the sale ends.
- Set up an online countdown clock or timer that counts down how much time is left before your promotion expires (i.e., “only 9 hours left!”). A well-designed countdown clock not only holds people’s attention but also builds excitement about what’s coming soon. The excitement is such many may begin sharing these promotions via social media and email! The psychology behind this method stems from our brain’s natural tendency toward “loss aversion”. In other words, when we’re faced with losing something (like money), we’re motivated to act quickly so as not to lose out on our chance at getting it back again later.
Generate Social Proof With Reviews And Testimonials
The best way to enhance your brand is by using social proof. Usually, social proof is defined as any information that influences a person’s decisions, behaviors, and attitudes. When it comes to e-commerce sites, social proof can include testimonials and reviews from other customers who have purchased your product or service in the past.
When creating your own customer testimonials for your site, keep these tips in mind:
- Refer to the customer’s name instead of “John.” By doing this, you’re building a personal relationship with them and making them feel valued as an individual rather than just another number on an analytics report.
- Use the customer’s words instead of paraphrasing what they said. You might be tempted to rewrite the review in an attempt to sound smarter or more informed but that’s not a great idea. Genuine online reviews always help attract prospective buyers who take the time to read the experiences of previous users about using the product or service.
- Encourage buyers to share pics of used products. Don’t try to photoshop them and make them look fake or unreal!
Use Retargeting As A Sales Strategy
The purpose of retargeting is to bring customers back to your site. Retargeting ads allow you to show them relevant products and services, increasing their chances of making a purchase. You can also set up these ads based on the interests that customers have expressed by visiting certain pages on your website or browsing a certain section of it.
These are called triggered campaigns because they’re only shown after a user has visited at least one page on your website (the first impression). The most common types of triggered campaigns include:
- Remarketing (you show ads again after they’ve already left)
- Re-engagement (show ads again when someone returns)
By showing them ads based on what they were previously interested in, you can entice them to come back and buy again. This works especially well if you’ve already established a relationship of trust with your customer. In addition to bringing customers back, retargeting can also help increase conversions by creating a sense of urgency around your products or services. You might want to offer discounts on certain items or promote special sales throughout the year.
Hopefully, this article has given you some ideas to increase e-commerce conversion and sales. If you implement the strategies we’ve covered here and see positive results, don’t be afraid to keep testing and tweaking your strategy as needed. And finally, you should keep working on building a relationship of trust with existing and new customers. This is the best way to make sure that customers keep visiting your online store for repeat purchases.